All government agencies in Rwanda can make payments to the central bank online, following a string of improvements to the country’s electronic payment infrastructure.
In 2018, the Central Bank of Rwanda integrated its internet banking system with that of the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning’s Financial Management Integration System (IFMIS).
As well as reducing costs, government officials no longer have to visit the central bank to make transactions. The upgrade is only one of the
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner