A new European clearing house will help Iran bypass the latest batch of US sanctions after a number of its banks were prohibited from using interbank payment services provided by Swift.
In September, the European Union’s foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini announced the European Union was creating a new payment mechanism.
The ‘special purpose vehicle’ will “assist and reassure economic operators pursuing legitimate business with Iran”, according to a joint statement released by the
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management