Exchanges in Mexico wishing to conduct operations with crypto assets will need to obtain an operating licence from the Bank of Mexico, the central bank announced earlier this month.
In a circular published in the government’s official gazette, Diario Oficial de la Federación, the central bank announced “crypto exchanges” will need to provide the central bank with detailed plans of their operations, business model and ‘know your customer’ checks.
“It is advisable to establish a regulatory frame
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure