The Reserve Bank of Australia has called on a major market infrastructure provider to place a “high priority” on fixing problems related to operational risk.
The assessment of ASX, which operates two central counterparties and two securities settlement facilities, concluded the facilities generally “conducted their affairs in a way that causes or promotes overall stability in the Australian financial system”.
But the RBA highlighted several priorities for ASX to work on ahead of the next revie
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief