The Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems (CPSS) should shift its focus away from securities and over-the-counter derivative markets, and towards other topics such as cyber threats and virtual currencies, according to Benoît Cœuré.
The CPSS acts as a forum for central bankers to "monitor and analyse" developments in payment, settlement and clearing systems, and as a global standard-setting body.
It comprises senior officials from 25 central banks across the globe and chaired by Benoît Cœur
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?