The Committee on Payment and Settlement Systems (CPSS) should shift its focus away from securities and over-the-counter derivative markets, and towards other topics such as cyber threats and virtual currencies, according to Benoît Cœuré.
The CPSS acts as a forum for central bankers to "monitor and analyse" developments in payment, settlement and clearing systems, and as a global standard-setting body.
It comprises senior officials from 25 central banks across the globe and chaired by Benoît Cœur
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor