The governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has come under fire for not doing enough to ensure that the country's small businesses have sufficient access to credit, shortly after inking a deal to set up a fund devoted to the task.
Godwin Emefiele, who announced a raft of measures to promote economic development when he took office in June, was on Monday accused by the Centre for Social Justice, an Abuja-based non-profit organisation, of moving too slowly on his "earlier promise" to reduce
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms