The former deputy governor of the People’s Bank of China (PBoC), Li Dongrong, has called for improved global governance of the fast-growing fintech sector – with the aim to better manage risks and ensure new financial services are created for the benefit of societies as a whole rather than for a select few.
“Fintech has brought new challenges for international financial governance,” Dongrong, who is president of the National Internet Finance Association of China, told the International Finance
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner
- EME central banks can counter the next downturn