Stress on Deutsche Bank’s contingent convertible, or CoCo, bonds spread throughout Europe’s banking sector in 2016, a working paper published by the Bank of Italy says.
In Contagion in the CoCos market? A case study of two stress events, Pierluigi Bologna, Arianna Miglietta and Anatoli Segura look at two periods of instability involving Deutsche Bank’s CoCos in January and September 2016.
After Deutsche Bank announced potentially bad news, yields on its CoCos and senior bonds hit unprecedented
- Demonetisation backer becomes new RBI governor
- Kohn ‘deeply’ worried Fed might not have support to fight next crisis
- Central banks turn to visual communication in 2018
- Indian governor resigns after conflict with government
- Book notes: Macroprudential policy and practice, edited by Paul Mizen, Margarita Rubio and Philip Turner