The Bank of Mexico has begun publishing quarterly forecasts for both headline and core inflation in order to improve its transparency in what it deems an environment of “high uncertainty”.
“Since February of this year, information is provided regarding the time lapse over which inflation is expected to converge to the target,” said Javier Guzmán Calafell, deputy governor of the central bank.
The publication of the new data, Guzmán said, will help the central bank reinforce inflation
- Reserve manager of the year: Bank of Mexico
- Initiative of the year: RBNZ’s Financial Strength Dashboard
- BoJ must normalise policy to cope with ageing population – former official
- Malta’s crypto asset plan means greater money laundering risks, IMF warns
- Innovation in reserve management: BNP Paribas Asset Management