The Bank for International Settlements and the International Monetary Fund are to jointly offer an online training course for financial supervisors in 2018.
The new course is part of an effort by the two institutions to “work even more closely together to help strengthen the expertise and skills of financial regulators and supervisors”, the IMF and BIS say in a joint statement on February 9. IMF managing director Christine Lagarde said in a speech on February 8 that the course will become avail
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production