Norges Bank Investment Management – the arm of Norges Bank that manages Norway’s sovereign wealth fund, the Government Pension Fund Global – has requested it be allowed to invest in private equity, making its case in a letter sent to the country’s finance ministry.
Signed by the governor of the central bank, Øystein Olsen, and NBIM chief executive Yngve Slyngstad, the letter sets out why – given the fund’s size, long-term horizon and limited liquidity needs – it is well suited to investing in “
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations