Major differences exist between the way Europe’s various national financial regulators treat financial technology (fintech) firms, the European Banking Authority (EBA) says.
The largest proportion of firms surveyed in the EBA’s large-scale “mapping exercise” of Europe’s fintech companies, released on August 4, are not subject to any regulation regime at all.
The mapping exercise was set out in an EBA document announcing a consultation exercise on its treatment of fintech. The results were deri
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- RBI under pressure from alleged banking fraud scandal
- Polish central bank uses YouTube comedy to warn of digital currency dangers
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security