The governor of the Central Bank of the Philippines (BSP) believes his nation’s banking system is “very robust”, with further improvements yet to come.
Speaking at a stakeholder dinner on July 11, Nestor Espenilla said the banking system was “poised” for “broader reach and better services” after prudent policymaking helped to establish a sturdy financial system and stable economy.
“The number of operating banks as of March 2017 is 599 (head offices) with an overall branch network of 10,679 uni
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Bahamas central bank chooses design for new headquarters