Hyun Song Shin joined the Bank for International Settlements (BIS) as economic adviser and head of research in May 2014. Before moving to the BIS he was a professor of economics at Princeton University and, in 2010, on leave from Princeton, he served as senior adviser to the president of South Korea. From 2000–05, he was a professor of finance at the London School of Economics.
Shin holds a DPhil and an MPhil in economics, and a BA in philosophy, politics and economics from the University of Oxf
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says