Yves Mersch is a firm proponent of using macro-prudential policies to address financial stability concerns, but today (May 18) warned policy-makers against expecting too much from them.
Mersch, a European Central Bank executive board member, told an audience at the Swedbank Global Outlook Summit in Stockholm he supports "leaning against the wind" when there is no conflict between monetary policy and financial stability.
However, in a more "conflicting environment" it becomes necessary to use diff
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says