Vítor Constâncio today called on national supervisors within the eurozone to adopt regulatory measures that correspond to those introduced in other member states – suggesting the practice could even be mandated to ensure a level-playing field in the region.
Constâncio, the European Central Bank (ECB) vice-president, introduced the idea of "reciprocity" in his keynote speech at the ECB and European Commission conference in Brussels.
He argued that national supervisors must "recognise or reciproca
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor