After five years of stagnation, the once bright prospects promised for the euro have vanished. Citizens of major economies – Germany and France – have joined other once strong proponents of a ‘United Europe’ in demonstrating against the European Union. The massive rallies and growing opposition parties do not distinguish between the failing monetary union and the EU. They do not like what they are getting and want more than the poor future they currently expect.
The main objective of the EU was
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields