The South African Reserve Bank will investigate "the business, trade, dealings, affairs, assets and liabilities" of African Bank, it announced today, after the bank was placed in ‘curatorship' last month.
The central bank has appointed JF Myburgh, a former high court judge, as the leader of the investigation, which will start on August 30 and will take five months to be completed, with a report due one month after the conclusion of this process.
The investigation will seek to determine if "any b
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde