The Bulgarian National Bank today called on the country's authorities to update the penal code to imprison anyone found guilty of spreading malicious rumours about the country's financial system, following another weekend of turmoil in the country's banks.
The Bulgarian government stepped in over the weekend to shore up the banking system after a second bank was subject to a run on deposits on Friday. The central bank today said the liquidity provision had helped overcome the problems in the sys
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure