Alan Greenspan, The Map and the Territory: Risk, Human Nature and the Future of Forecasting, Allen Lane, 2013, 400 pages
The Map and the Territory is an enigmatic title for a book written by a former chairman of the Federal Reserve, Alan Greenspan; the reader is made to wonder how long it will take to understand the rationale for the title, which also seeks to cover ‘risk, human nature and the future of forecasting’.
The introduction made an impression, notably for the ‘reasonable’ acknowledgeme
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system