Emerging markets suffering capital outflows caused by Federal Reserve ‘tapering' have the tools to free themselves from "the slavery of portfolio investments", including penalties to discourage early liquidation of assets, and taxes on foreign investment dividends and capital transfers, Central Bank of Nigeria deputy governor Kingsley Moghalu has argued.
Delivering the keynote address at the National Asset and Liability Management Europe conference in London today, Moghalu said the "extremely o
- Bank of Mexico admits $15.2 million went missing in cyber heist
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows
- Artificial intelligence: The future of regulation?
- Norges Bank does not rule out launching digital currency