Neil Irwin, The Alchemists: Three Central Bankers and a World on Fire, Penguin Press, 2013, 400 pages
The UK edition of Neil Irwin’s book is subtitled ‘Inside the Secret World of Central Bankers’. The US subtitle, ‘Three Central Bankers and a World on Fire’, is at once more attention-grabbing, inviting comparisons with Liaquat Ahamed’s Pulitzer Prize winner ‘The Lords of Finance: The Bankers Who Broke the World’. The latter told the history of the ‘Great Depression’ through the personal historie
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows