Dirk Schoenmaker, Governance of International Banking: The Financial Trilemma, Oxford University Press, 2013, 208 pages
This book contains a seminal contribution to the debate about the future of financial market regulation. The central theory is that of ‘the financial trilemma’. This is similar to ‘the monetary trilemma’ developed independently by Robert Mundell and Marcus Fleming about half a century ago, in which fixed exchange rates and national monetary policy cannot be combined in an open
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Argentina rescue advances as emerging markets suffer outflows