Regulators should refrain from imposing initial margin on derivatives transactions in Asia in order to promote development of derivatives markets in the region, according to Mark Austen, chief executive of the Asian Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (Asifma).
Asifma outlined a way forward to developing Asian capital markets in a white paper released on November 22. The paper states regulatory reform and consistency across asset classes is needed alongside a bigger voice for A
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS