The UK government has brought forward the start date on its controversial scheme to help people access credit to buy homes, with commentators divided over whether it will boost economic activity or simply fuel further rises in house prices.
Data out today from real estate market analysts Hometrack show UK house prices grew 0.5% in September, the highest monthly increase since May 2007. The average time a property spends on the market dipped below eight weeks for the first time in years – with Lo
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory