Duvvuri Subbarao, the Reserve Bank of India's (RBI) governor, yesterday questioned proposals that would see the country's Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) - something of a supergroup of India's existing regulators - gain executive power over the management of systemic risk.
Subbarao told an audience in Mumbai that giving the council responsibility for safeguarding systemic risk "runs counter to the post-crisis trend around the world" of limiting "collegial bodies" to co-ordinat
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde