Thomas Hoenig is the vice-chairman and a member of the board of directors of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, which he joined in April 2012. He is also a member of the executive board of the International Association of Deposit Insurers. He was previously president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and a member of the Federal Reserve System’s Federal Open Market Committee from 1991 to 2011.
Hoenig worked for the Federal Reserve for 38 years, beginning as an economist and then
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production