Sheila Bair, Bull By the Horns: Fighting to Save Main Street from Wall Street and Wall Street from itself, Free Press, 2012, 432 pages
This is a great book with a clear message: no more bailing out of too-big-too-fail banks.
In her account of the financial crisis, former Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) chairman Sheila Bair gives a highly subjective view of events, from the closing of Indy Mac in 2008 to the passage of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act in
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says