Gideon Gono, the governor of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe, has told depositors in Standard Chartered Bank in Zimbabwe "not to panic", following an announcement by the government that the bank would have its licence revoked imminently.
In a statement, Gono urged depositors not to "wantonly withdraw their funds", as it was ultimately the central bank's decision whether or not to revoke the licence. Gono said the central bank had not "signalled any move" that Standard Chartered would lose its licen
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system