The Financial Stability Board (FSB) Regional Consultative Group for the Americas held its second meeting on May 25, this time in Santiago, Chile. The group discussed potential vulnerabilities and regional financial stability.
Topics covered included the impact of recent developments in the global economy on the financial sector of the region and methods for assessing financial system vulnerabilities that arise in faster-growing economies.
"The group also discussed current practices and key chall
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?