Click here to view the full article.
Time and again I am puzzled by events in and outside of Germany. The unification of the country in 1990 would never have happened if West German citizens had been given the option of voting on the issue – not even the majority of West German politicians would have opted for it. The deeply frustrated citizens of East Germany and a small group of high-ranking West German politicians, plus US president George Bush senior, made unification happen.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations