Tony Latter, Hong Kong's Money: The History, Logic and Operation of the Currency Peg, Hong Kong University Press, 164 pages.
Tony Latter has synthesised and updated a body of research that is of perennial interest to monetary policymakers, economic historians and market practitioners: the workings of Hong Kong's currency board. The continuing interest in Hong Kong's monetary arrangements reflects the territory's unique history and position in the world. The author's professional and practical ex
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes
- RBA paper modifies DGSE to include housing sector