The Bank of England has taken the first step towards updating its data capabilities following a successful proof of concept (PoC) with Japan-based NTT Data and German start-up Reportix.
“The bank collects and analyses a large quantity of regulatory data from financial institutions … We undertook this proof of concept … to explore if there is potential to reduce the cost of collecting and analysing this data,” said Beju Shah, head of data collection and publication at the BoE, on April 5.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde