A working paper published by the Bank of Lithuania looks in detail at the relationship between housing prices and credit in European countries.
In The Knotty Interplay Between Credit and Housing, Mihnea Constantinescu and Povilas Lastauskas use two recent datasets on European housing prices and credit volumes. They include more recent quarterly data to “define relevant co-integrating relationships across a number of European economies”.
The relationship between credit and house prices appear
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes