A working paper published by the Bank of Lithuania looks in detail at the relationship between housing prices and credit in European countries.
In The Knotty Interplay Between Credit and Housing, Mihnea Constantinescu and Povilas Lastauskas use two recent datasets on European housing prices and credit volumes. They include more recent quarterly data to “define relevant co-integrating relationships across a number of European economies”.
The relationship between credit and house prices appear
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system