Distributed ledger technology could soon be used for the settlement of securities, following a breakthrough in the use of the technology by the Bank of Canada.
In the third stage of the central bank’s DLT initiative, Project Jasper, the Bank of Canada demonstrated that the instantaneous clearing and settlement of securities on-ledger “is feasible”.
For the first time, “both central bank cash and assets can be tokenised to complete an instant, end-to-end equity settlement on distributed ledger
- St Louis Fed creates educational ‘multiplier effect’
- Podcast: North Macedonia on the brink of change
- ECB starts publishing senior officials’ declarations of interest
- ECB and Banque de France to contribute to Notre-Dame repair fund
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?