A new collector coin that commemorates the UK leaving the European Union may have to be re-designed due to the last-minute decision to delay Brexit.
The 50p coin, due to be issued this spring, is stamped with the words “peace, prosperity and friendship with all nations”. A test run of the coins bears the previous date of the UK’s expected departure, March 29, which is now obsolete after the UK government agreed to delay Brexit at least until April 12.
After several voting opportunities last
- Motivations and prospects for central bank digital currency
- The Belt and Road Initiative 2019 Survey – A new driver for globalisation?
- Central bankers call for ‘practical action’ to tackle climate risks
- Fintech and the future – Improving financial literacy
- ‘They could do nothing’: insights into political interference at the Fed