Over the past few years, there has been a growing debate about the longevity of cash. In a world that is quickly becoming more digital, is there still a place for hard currency?
For some time now, the majority of advanced economies have seen a decline in cash usage for both large and small transactions. As a result, the majority of investment in payments has been focused on improving electronic payment infrastructure.
In Australia, fintech firms are looking to provide innovative digital paym
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says