The Bank of Botswana has chosen to print its newest denomination on polymer in order to increase the durability of its currency.
Due to be released on February 1, 2018, the new 10 pula banknote will be printed on De La Rue’s Safeguard polymer.
“The introduction of polymer has enabled advanced security features to be incorporated, including Mask, a complex design variant of Gemini and Tactile Emboss – a feature designed to aid the visually impaired identify the denomination,” the printer said i
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure