The Central Bank of Armenia has announced it will drop its highest-denomination banknote and introduce a new lower-denomination note when it prints its new series.
In a statement released by the central bank earlier this month, it says it has discussed a number of details surrounding the new series – including substrate choice, security features and potential design aspects – with academics and members of the Armenian Apostolic Church.
In considering other banks’ international experience, as
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production