Yaseen Anwar, the governor of the State Bank of Pakistan, delivered the keynote address at the Oman Islamic Economic Forum in Muscat on December 17–18.
Anwar said "tremors" were still being felt from the financial crisis, which was the worst of its kind. "Debates on reasons for the financial crisis have led to a wider belief of having greater accountability and a proactive role of regulators to ensure stability of the financial system," he said.
In efforts to recover from the financial crisis, A
- Canada’s Project Jasper to explore clearing of securities in third phase
- Treasury committee to investigate BoE’s lack of diversity
- Bank of Portugal sells majority share in ‘good bank’
- Fed’s Powell: banks still have important role in payments
- Xi sees renminbi taking greater role in global monetary system