The former Bank of Albania governor was acquitted of "abuse of office" by a court in Tirana on October 12, according to a Reuters report. Ardian Fullani was arrested after another bank employee was accused of stealing at least 713 million lek ($5.7 million) from its vaults, though he was not implicated in the theft itself.
Fullani was accused of neglecting his duty to enforce rules set by the bank's governing board for the management of the vaults. He was acquitted by Judge Artan Gjermeni, who
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart