The European Central Bank (ECB) shed new light on the sizeable imbalances in financial flows within the eurozone today (September 21), as it published data on Target2 balances for the first time.
Target, or the Trans-European Automated Real-time Gross Settlement Express Transfer System, is the eurozone's central payments system. As such, Target balances reflect the net claims and liabilities of national central banks against the ECB, and therefore provides information on cross-border financial f
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- Central bankers share vision for ‘business as usual’ big data
- ECB commits to tapering bond purchase programme
- PRA official says financial system must become more cyber-resilient
- Woodford shows finite horizons matter when modelling