The Federal Reserve "inadvertently" published confidential forecasts from staff at the board of governors last month, it said on July 24 – material that is circulated among Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) members ahead of each meeting but is not meant for public eyes.
The forecasts were posted on the Fed's website on June 29 as part of a package of information on the FRB/US model, a general equilibrium model used by the Federal Reserve board since 1996.
The Fed publishes a set of equations,
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank