The Bank of England (BoE) is facing yet more change under government proposals put forward as a 'Bank of England Bill' on July 21.
A consultation process is now underway over proposals to change the structure and responsibilities of the Court, establish a new committee for the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA), and make various adjustments to governance and transparency.
The government also plans to legislate changes recommended by the Warsh Review, cutting the number of monetary policy meet
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations