A hastily written legal opinion by the European Central Bank (ECB) warns the Greek government its draft bank resolution law might have detrimental effects on the Bank of Greece.
The opinion, published on July 20, raises concerns over the impact on the Bank of Greece's independence, its liability for gross negligence and wilful misconduct, and whether it is funded well enough to cope with additional responsibilities.
Greece's government is scrambling to pass Europe's Bank Recovery and Resolution
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations