London has cemented its position as a global centre for offshore renminbi trading, with overall volumes in 2014 more than doubling those of the previous year to total $61.5 billion per day on average, according to a report from City of London Corporation.
The UK capital saw two-thirds of offshore spot FX transactions and more than half of FX forwards, while also maintaining a sizeable portion of FX swaps and options with 42% and 20%, respectively, of the offshore market, despite a number of comp
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure