European Central Bank (ECB) executive board member Yves Mersch today (June 15) rejected concerns over the stability of the Target2 Securities (T2S) platform, due to go live this weekend.
"I can assure you [T2S] is ready for the migration," Mersch said, during testimony before the European Parliament's Econ Committee. "All central securities depositories [CSDs] have confirmed they are ready."
The system is an "integrated platform" to harmonise securities settlement across Europe, designed to comp
- Banknote and currency manager of the year: Norges Bank
- Lifetime achievement award: Perng Fai-nan
- Initiative of the year: Bank of England’s FinTech Accelerator
- Consultancy and advisory provider of the year (data and regulatory management): BearingPoint
- Banknote and currency services provider of the year: Landqart