‘E-commerce' holds potential for significant growth if governments pursue the right policies, according to a UN report presented today (May 11) at the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
Speaking at the payment and securities settlement systems conference, central bank vice-governor Maja Kadievska-Vojnovic said e-commerce has grown in importance alongside the advance of technology in recent years. Various studies have pointed to a productivity boost alongside greater e-commerce, she note
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Nigerian state uses central bank as ‘piggy bank’ – MPC member
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms