‘E-commerce' holds potential for significant growth if governments pursue the right policies, according to a UN report presented today (May 11) at the National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia.
Speaking at the payment and securities settlement systems conference, central bank vice-governor Maja Kadievska-Vojnovic said e-commerce has grown in importance alongside the advance of technology in recent years. Various studies have pointed to a productivity boost alongside greater e-commerce, she note
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot