The Bank of England's (BoE) Financial Policy Committee (FPC) today called for an investigation into the dangers posed by sudden drops in market liquidity, warning some investors appear poorly prepared.
"The committee remains concerned about the risk that market liquidity could prove fragile in stressed conditions, and judges that there is a need for market participants to be aware of these risks," governor Mark Carney wrote to the UK's chancellor.
As such, the BoE and the Financial Conduct Autho
- Argentine finance minister becomes central bank governor as crisis deepens
- BoJ cuts inflation estimate as it holds rates
- Trump’s fiscal policy threatens emerging markets – Lagarde
- IMF report says Mauritius central bank needs clearer resolution powers
- Argentina abandons monetary financing to secure IMF support