An investigation into an outage in the Bank of England's (BoE) real-time gross settlement (RTGS) system last year has uncovered flaws in both the system itself and the central bank's response.
Published today, the review by consultancy Deloitte sheds light on why the RTGS system went offline for nine hours on October 20 last year, and how the BoE responded.
Although the system was restored before close of business and all submitted payments were cleared, the review identified room for improvemen
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for monetary gold a fool’s errand?
- European Court of Justice overrules ECB on French banks’ leverage
- Malaysian central bank reshuffles senior staff
- FSB launches crypto asset monitoring framework
- Communication strategies too weak to ‘pierce veil of inattention’ – research